The Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts offers a range of complimentary services to business and skilled migrants. These services include:
- assistance booking initial accommodation and car hire
- orientation meetings to assistant migrants establish themselves in Tasmania.
- introduction to employers and recruitment agencies.
- small business assistance through Business Point and state-wide Enterprise Centres.
The Business and Skilled Migration Unit can assist you throughout your migration process, before and after your arrival.
Please note that Business Skills visa nomination applicants must have visited Tasmania before lodging an application for State Sponsorship. The Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts can assist your initial visit to the state with:
- help preparing an itinerary
- introductions to relevant business brokers and commercial real estate agents
- introductions to government and industry contacts.