Current NEWS items:
- Skilled Migration Program updates
- Current Skilled Migration processing times
- Migration Tasmania Document Library
- Upcoming Skilled Migration Q&A Webinars
- Business Visa Program updates
Click here to subscribe to future NEWS email updates.
General Skilled Migration
- Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) and Skilled Work (Provisional) (subclass 491) Visa application form
- The 'Declaration of Nomination Obligations' form that is downloadable during the online application process was updated in JANUARY 2021. Migration Tasmania will no longer accept any outdated versions of this form. To ensure there are no delays in the assessment of your submitted application(s), please used the updated form.
- All bank statements uploaded must NO longer be combined as one pdf document. Please upload statements separately (monthly or quarterly) and use the 'additional document' option to do so. Document must not exceed 40 pages.
- Another 2 required additional documents for the Subclass 190 'Working in Tasmania' nomination category include:
- Evidence of relevant industry training
- Evidence of sponsoring employer support (if applicants currently holds a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) and has worked less than 12 months with their Tasmanian-based sponsoring employer
- Multiple nominations?
Applicants nominated for a Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa will not be able reapply for a Subclass 190 in the future. The Subclass 491 visa provides a pathway to permanent residency by way of a Subclass 191 visa. Previous state nominees supported for a Subclass 489 visa will need to follow the pathway to permanent residency by way of the Subclass 887 visa.
- EOI tips:
It is important to include all relevant qualification and work experience information on EOIs, especially when that experience is directly linked to nomination claims. This will result in less queries during the assessment process and less requests for additional information.
The onus is on your and your client to ensure EOIs are kept up-to-date whilst waiting on visa state nomination outcomes.
- The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (SESR) (Provisional) Subclass 494 visa application form is only accessible through the link on the 'APPLY' tab here.
Employer Sponsored RCB applications
Business Migration State Nomination Program open!
New nomination information available here.