In partnership with Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania and Study Tasmania, Migration Tasmania has produced a new set of Career Coaching Online Learning Modules to support the employment of state nominated migrants.
If you are currently looking for a job or to improve your job seeking skills, as a state nominated migrant you now have free access to these Career Coaching sessions in which Dr David O’Halloran will lead you through finding a job in Tasmania.
The course will cover:
- finding jobs
- transferrable skills
- selection criteria
- cover letters
- interview preparation
- career planning
Your Career Coach
Dr David O’Halloran is an occupational therapist who has delivered and managed employment services for 30 years. He recently completed a PhD research about Australian employment services and has published relevant research. He acknowledges the process is hard – and has real-world job finding tips for recent arrivals to Tasmania.
What the course involves
The course was designed with the feedback from migrant job seekers to meet the real needs of the skilled migrants.
It is based around:
- Flexibility through 4-hour self-paced learning.
- Effectiveness through a self-checkup quiz.
- Support through access to a dedicated LinkedIn learning group.
What you will get out of it
By doing the Career Coaching Online Learning course you can expect a better understanding of:
- Mind-set and motivation so it supports you during your job search.
- Understanding of the Tasmanian labour market.
- Job search skills by practical tips for your getting the job you want.
Ready to start?
Open the portal https://learning.mrctas.org.au/
Create your account with your enrolment key 2021@m1grant!
Complete your learning within 10 weeks
- Register for Migrant Resource Centre’s Career Coaching group.
- Attend Migrant Network meet ups.
- Explore work experience opportunities through the Migrant Resource Centre
- Explore the Industry Insights of info hub: www.migrantnetworktas.org.au/
- Participate in the LinkedIn group: linkedin.com/groups/13788771/
Call Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania on 03 6221 0999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org