What is Employer Connect?
A free service funded through the Tasmanian Population Strategy, aiming to connect skilled, work ready migrants to Tasmanian employers.
Employer Connect Services
Eligible individuals will be supported by the Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and industry to have their work readiness validated and identify opportunities within TCCI networks for a work trial with a view to employment. The service also includes:
- Individual assessment of employability
- Connection to suitable employer(s) for an approved work trial of up to three (3) weeks
- Individual training plan including any further training/qualifications required for future visa
- Information and advice on the Tasmanian workplace context and culture including employer expectations
How to access Employer Connect Services
- Approved Safe Haven Visa holders, temporary and permanent refuges, holders of Bridging Visa E, as identified using through key stakeholders
- Referrals through stakeholder organisations such as MRC North, MRC South and the Safe Haven Hub (Catholic Care Tasmania) and government agencies
- Completion of the work readiness self-assessment and accompanying referral form and email to email@example.com
Contact Employer Connect
Phone: 1300 559 122
In person: First floor, 309 Liverpool Street, Hobart